Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF 673 - How to determine if an attribute of a geograhicAddress object is Mandatory or Optional?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 28, 2023 16:40

Hi,

Is there a way to figure out which attributes of the geographicAddress object are mandatory? We cannot find this information in the TMF 673 API Specs. We also looked at the Swagger but it only appears to show a geographicAddress object to be mandatory (required = true) in a Post but no explicit declaration for any of its attributes. The only other place we found Mandatory/Optional declarations for attributes is in the TMF 763B - API Place - GeographicAddress Conformance Profile, but it is not clear if this is for a particular Use Case that only uses a subset of the entire attributes list.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Riza Hassan
    T-Mobile USA

• 2.  RE: TMF 673 - How to determine if an attribute of a geograhicAddress object is Mandatory or Optional?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 29, 2023 07:38

You need this?

Source: TMF 673 conformance profile document

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 3.  RE: TMF 673 - How to determine if an attribute of a geograhicAddress object is Mandatory or Optional?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 29, 2023 11:34
      |   view attached

Hi Matthieu,

I thank you for your response.

If you recall, I made a reference to TMF673B Conformance Profile in my original post. However, what I wanted to know if the list of attributes (marked as Mandatory in that document), that you have also posted in your response, is the definitive list of all Mandatory attributes of the complete attributes list of the GeographicAddress object as described in TMF 673? In other words, any attributes of the GeographicAddress object not listed in TMF673B can be safely assumed as Optional attributes?

Moreover, I am a little confused about the latest version of TMF673B. When I traverse through:

Open API table at: https://www.tmforum.org/oda/open-apis/table > Geographic Address Management API TMF673 > Conformance profile (RAND) > View, I see the following document (I believe the table you have posted in your response is from this document):

Title: Geographic Address API

Conformance Profile

TMF673B

Team Approved Date: 02-Oct-2020

Version 4.0.0

However, I also have in my procession a copy of the following document:

Title: API Place - GeographicAddress

Conformance Profile

TMF673B

Release 19.5

September 2021

Version 4.0.1

I cannot recall where I got this document from, it was a while back. Though, I believe it was from the same location where I am seeing Version 4.0.0 – was the newer version replaced with the older version recently?

If I must go by the latest version, then I have an issue; in TMF673B Version 4.0.1, there is an additional Mandatory attribute, locality, for the GeographicAddress object.

Based on the definition of the "locality" attribute in TMF 673, I cannot comprehend it to be a Mandatory attribute in every country. For example, in a typical USA address, there is no locality. Hence, I cannot force it on the USA users of the API.

I will appreciate comments and feedback on the above. We are kind of stuck on this.

Thank you.

Riza Hassan
    T-Mobile USA

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: TMF 673 - How to determine if an attribute of a geograhicAddress object is Mandatory or Optional?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 29, 2023 14:02

sorry, I overlook the B letter after TMF673.

we have assumed that any requirement (mandatory attributes, resources, including conditional ones etc) must be present in the conformance document. Ignore the rest.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 5.  RE: TMF 673 - How to determine if an attribute of a geograhicAddress object is Mandatory or Optional?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 29, 2023 14:26

Thank you for your prompt response, which is very helpful. There is still one outstanding issue that I need help with. It is the discrepancy between the two versions of TMF673B as described in my last response. The older version 4.0.0 and not the new version 4.0.1 is available for Conformance on Open API website. More importantly, why is the newer version makes the 'locality' attribute mandatory. I explained it in my previous response how it can cause us problems.

Thank you.

Riza Hassan
    T-Mobile USA

• 6.  RE: TMF 673 - How to determine if an attribute of a geograhicAddress object is Mandatory or Optional?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 30, 2023 10:06

I think it's best that you contact the API owner directly.

here is the wiki page for the next API version.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 7.  RE: TMF 673 - How to determine if an attribute of a geograhicAddress object is Mandatory or Optional?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 30, 2023 10:29

Hi Matthieu,

Thank you for your response.

How do I contact the owner of the API – is there a contact email address?

When I click on the link you sent, I get the following message:

We can't find that page. This could be because:

• The page doesn't exist.
    • The page exists, but you don't have view permission for that space.

I guess, someone needs to give me access permission.

Thank you.

Riza Hassan
    T-Mobile USA

• 8.  RE: TMF 673 - How to determine if an attribute of a geograhicAddress object is Mandatory or Optional?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 30, 2023 10:46

You need to join the API project to be able access the relevant wiki space. This is true for all TMF projects.

once you have joined,  the wiki link I gave you previously will work and you will the name(s) of people designing the API.
    If you have more questions on access or on the wiki, please hover over my profile photo and click on the send message link. The forum is not the place for one to one discussion.

Hope this helps! If you find with a satisfactory solution, please share it here for the benefits of all members.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform