Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF620 V5 - BundledGroupProductOffering should have id

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 21, 2023 04:45

Should the new BundledGroupProductOffering have an ID so that it is possible to re-use a bundeling structure in other Product Offerings?

------------------------------
    Lutz Bettge
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 2.  RE: TMF620 V5 - BundledGroupProductOffering should have id

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 21, 2023 07:05

I don't see a pressing need to have BGPO as an independently managed entity. Re-use is a two-edged sword, it means that my hands are tied when I want to make a change to the group if it is used in multiple places but the change is not desirable in all of those places. In UI/experience layer you could provide capabilities to copy a group from an existing offering to a new offering, as a basis for change in the new place.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF620 V5 - BundledGroupProductOffering should have id

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 22, 2023 08:36
    Edited by Matthieu Hattab Aug 22, 2023 08:38

doesn't it have one already?

In general I support Id for all customer-facing entities in the product catalogue, mostly in the interest of mapping these entities to a CMS so we can customise the CX with specific text or pictures per sales channels etc

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 4.  RE: TMF620 V5 - BundledGroupProductOffering should have id

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 22, 2023 11:13

Matthieu, you are looking at an older beta version, which I designed some months ago. In that earlier version, BGPO was not in itself an addressable entity, rather it was an enhanced reference to an entity (Product Offering), tailored to the fact that it was contained in a group. Since then, we made some changes as suggested by Lutz and this entity is now semantically different. Hopefully the new model will be published very soon (around DTW time if all goes well).

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.