Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMF622 ProductOrdering, how the productSpecification.href is used in the (POST) request? does if filled automatically or manually in the request?

• 1.  TMF622 ProductOrdering, how the productSpecification.href is used in the (POST) request? does if filled automatically or manually in the request?

Posted Jun 07, 2023 02:10

TMF622 ProductOrdering, how the productSpecification.href is used in the (POST) request? does if filled automatically or manually in the request? can we do a POST request without it?

------------------------------
    zaina itriq
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 2.  RE: TMF622 ProductOrdering, how the productSpecification.href is used in the (POST) request? does if filled automatically or manually in the request?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 07, 2023 05:30

Hi Zaina

As a general rule, I don't think it's reasonable to expect that href will be populated in any POST/PATCH operation call on input (i.e. request). The href is useful in output so that the consumer can directly link to the created/updated entity.

It's the responsibility of the API implementation to populate in the response body. Bear in mind that transformations may need to be done on the raw output URL due to API gateways, redirections, and more.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.