Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  ExternalIdentifier in TMF 620 and TMF 622

TM Forum Member
    Posted 14 days ago

Hi All,

We know that TMF 620 Product Catalog Management is the common API used to support different Product Offerings and TMF 622 Product Order Management API is the common API used to support different order types. These API support External Identifier fields,

But TMF 620 Product Catalog Management refers external identifier as externalIdentifier.

While TMF 622 Refers to external Identifier as externalId ,

Is it a difference due to an error in Documentation or it is the way it works in TMF i.e. as externalIdentifier in TMF 620 and as externalId in TMF 622.

If it is due to any documentation error, what should we choose it to be externalIdentifier or externalId

------------------------------
    Naveen Baloda
    Infosys

• 2.  RE: ExternalIdentifier in TMF 620 and TMF 622

TM Forum Member
    Posted 13 days ago

Hi Naveen

The diagrams are generated from the model, so yes it looks like the property name is different between the two models. However the important thing is that the data type is the same, ExternalIdentifier. Our design guidelines generally prescribe that properties of complex data types should be named with the name of the type (but with lower-case first letter), so externalIdentifier is more correct. But there may have been extenuating circumstances behind the TMF622 property name.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.