Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Qualification reference discrepancy between TMF 622 and TMF 641

Posted Oct 02, 2022 14:36
    Why does the product order resource in TMF 622 have a reference to the product offering qualification but the service order resource in TMF 641 not have a reference to the service qualification? Which TMF API references the service qualifications defined by TMF 645?

------------------------------
    Aaron Wong
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 2.  RE: Qualification reference discrepancy between TMF 622 and TMF 641

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 03, 2022 05:43
    Hi Aaron
    I don't know if there is a business justification for this discrepancy. I can understand that it can be valuable, during order processing, to have information about the qualification that was done up-front. The main challenge, in my opinion, is how to actually satisfy such a reference if it were to be added to the service order model.
    For product the path is straight-forward; we can imagine that a UI executed a product offering qualification, and keeps it in memory until it is ready to submit the order. But which system triggers a service qualification, and which system is responsible for somehow getting this qualification result and attaching it to the service order?
    Something for the community to think about, methinks.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Qualification reference discrepancy between TMF 622 and TMF 641

Posted Oct 25, 2022 09:12
    Hi Aaron,

This JIRA issue might relate to your concern: [AP-2477] Extend TMF641 to include references to ServiceQualification items - TM Forum JIRA

Best regards,

Roland Leners
    alvatross by SATEC