Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF 691 vs TMF 672 vs TMF 720

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 04, 2022 22:55
    Edited by ANKIT MADAN Jul 05, 2022 07:32
    Dears,

I need your help to understand which is the best fit out of TMF 691, TMF 672 and TMF 720 for the use cases I have ,the description on the API documentation is a bit confusing , below are the set of uses cases I need to serve for :

1. UC1: Get the access priveleges for a a self serve user once he has logged into the portal so that based on his access privileges , corresponding functions can be made available on the UI
    2. UC2: As a portal admin user(internal/customer) I need to create sub-users and assign them privileges leveraging the user admin function on the portal UI.

Now below are a few queries from my side:

1. To my mind TMF 672 works perfectly fine , I can leverage the partyId (relatedParty), to query(GET /Permission) the permission and underlying priveleges the party has , and similarly in can use POST /permission to create prievilege mapping to a party for UC2 , what do you guys think .
    2. Not sure what exactly TMF 691 intends to do , its more of an identity API but it has entitlement resource as well whic in a way points to access privileges a user have , anyways it only provides Query APIs so doesnt cover for UC2 .
    3. Again unlcear if at all TMF 720 can be apllied or is applicable in or can be better leveraged to serve the use cases I am trying to solve for
    4. Also probably a generic one what is the recommendation for scenarios where in TMF has two APIs for a cretain scenario where in the system in your landscape does the same operation in one single API(we are implmenting TMF APIs on Mule as as our DXL)

Thanks !!

------------------------------
    ANKIT MADAN
    Infosys
    ------------------------------​

• 2.  RE: TMF 691 vs TMF 672 vs TMF 720

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 05, 2022 08:05
    Hello Ankit

Few information to help you...
    We added a diagram in the user guide of TMF720 to explain how these APIs work together.
    TMF691 is a very specific API designed to accommodate Open ID connect. for me it should be used only in this specific context.
    TMF672 is perfect to define userRoles, and then use them in defining permission on specific scope for a partyRole
    TMF720 is here to provide you a digital identity. When you connect to an app, you will use a digital identity. The digital identity allows to identify/authenticate a party or a partyRole (or a set of partyRoles). Then from party and/or partyRole you have the permission(s).

Hope it helps

Ludovic

Ludovic Robert
    Orange
    My answer are my own & don't represent necessarily my company or the TMF

• 3.  RE: TMF 691 vs TMF 672 vs TMF 720

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 05, 2022 20:16
    Edited by ANKIT MADAN Jul 05, 2022 20:19
    Thanks for your response @Ludovic Robert , however one more query to everyone on the community , what is the best practice when as per the TMF defintion there are two APIs for a certain set of operations however the backend OSS/BSS system provide all of it in one API , there are two ways to approach this to my mind:

1.​ We keep two TMF APIs and both of them trigger the same system API(that ways we keep our APIs aligned to TMF)
    2. We extend the resource model of an existing TMF API to sort of JOIN two diff reosurce models , which means we deviate or extend TMF .

Regards
    Ankit

ANKIT MADAN
    Infosys

• 4.  RE: TMF 691 vs TMF 672 vs TMF 720

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 05, 2022 23:54
    First Option is what I would prefer. Purpose of TMF Open APIs is to ensure minimalistic functionality is contained and avoid monoliths. Second option will build monolith systems.

Srinivasa Vellanki
    Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of my employer or TM Forum.

• 5.  RE: TMF 691 vs TMF 672 vs TMF 720

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 06, 2022 01:58
    Edited by ANKIT MADAN Jul 06, 2022 01:58
    Thanks @Srinivasa Vellanki for your reponse , I appreciate .

Guys I will appreciate more views from the community on this .

Regards
    Ankit​

ANKIT MADAN
    Infosys

• 6.  RE: TMF 691 vs TMF 672 vs TMF 720

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 07, 2022 01:31
    Dears, 

One more query pertaining to TMF 672, user and role permissions do not have Delete Permission operation however interestingly enough we do have a Permission Delete Event in our NOtiifcation Resource Model , just wondering how does this all come together .

Your views appreciated .

Thanks !!

Regards
    Ankit

ANKIT MADAN
    Infosys

• 7.  RE: TMF 691 vs TMF 672 vs TMF 720

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 07, 2022 03:38
    Good catch Ankit !
    We need to fix these.
    I will create a Jira to track this.
    Thanks !

Ludovic

Ludovic Robert
    Orange
    My answer are my own & don't represent necessarily my company or the TMF

• 8.  RE: TMF 691 vs TMF 672 vs TMF 720

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 07, 2022 21:35
    Thanks !! Ludovic for your response , I was abit perplexed about this as we intend to use DELETE PERMISSION , we will extend the swagger now to include the operation and later on have the swagger updated once it available as a TMF resource .

ANKIT MADAN
    Infosys