Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  warning about wrong TMF670 API documentation on TMF website

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 21, 2024 06:48

Hello,

Today, we discovered that different individuals were utilizing distinct documents despite having identical names.

• some individuals downloaded the TMF670 documentation from the main TMF website (https://www.tmforum.org/?s=760) containing 23 pages.
    • others downloaded the TMF670 documentation from the TMF API table resulting in a document spanning 220 pages. (this is the best one)
    • I also downloaded last year another version with 224 pages.

so we have different document in the website, API table and github. (this community has warned several times to avoid github as it's often not up-to-date)

I propose that TMF establishes a single source of truth for all documentation and implements version numbering. (Please note that the version number displayed on the TMF760 front page corresponds to the API version number, not the document version number.)

As of today, I'm now in possession of 3 different versions (the 3rd one is 224 pages which is the 1st document that came out) of TMF760 with no easy way to determine which one is the latest.

To address this issue and suggest improvements, whom should we contact?

------------------------------
    Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 2.  RE: warning about wrong TMF670 API documentation on TMF website

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 22, 2024 09:52

Thanks Matthieu

I believe that the TMF leadership are aware of this and trying to streamline the publishing process (due disclosure, I'm not a TMF employee or contractor).

From a practical perspective, I would treat the Open API table as the source of truth. Don't do searches on TMF website, don't approach GitHub repositories. Just the Open API table https://www.tmforum.org/oda/open-apis/table

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: warning about wrong TMF670 API documentation on TMF website

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 22, 2024 10:55

Hi Matthieu,

Thank you for raising this issue. I can assure you we are looking into this specifically, and as Jonathan said, we are also prioritizing the review and streamlining of our publication process to avoid these issues from occurring in the future. Again, echoing Jonathan, please view the API table on our website as the single source of truth for all TM Forum Open APIs.

Thank you again. We will update you here when we have a resolution.

Regards

Darren

Darren Nicholls
    TM Forum